Art Director, UI/UX Design, EvoText Inc.
Burlington, MA | February 2015 – Present
Create intuitive, user-centric UI/UX experiences for EvoText clients, which include several of the largest educational publishers and curriculum creators in the United States. Create online applications that include interactive text books, tests, quizzes, lessons, etc., which are used by thousands of school districts across the country.
- College Board
- Big Ideas Math
- Algebra Nation
VP Brand Experience, Leaf
Cambridge, MA | October 2013 – December 2014
Lead and directed UX and Marketing Design teams. Lead a team of UX designers, front-end developers, copywriters, graphic designers and video producers to create and market an Android-based mobile point-of-sale solution. Designed, tested, and refined the interface for Leaf's custom tablet software. Designed and optimized Leaf's cloud-based business management tool based on user profiles. Created the architecture and design for Leaf's marketing website, which was optimized for SEO, SEM and building the company’s sales funnel.
Team: 9 of various roles
- Design, test, and refine the interface for Leaf's custom tablet software
- Design and optimize Leaf's cloud-baed business management tool
- Architecture, design, and optimization of Leaf's marketing website
- Creation of hundreds of online help videos, as well as sales and marketing videos
- Visual rebranding of the company
Creative Director, TripAdvisor
Newton, MA | March 2007 – September 2013
Built team from 2 to 12 full-time designers, and manage several freelancers and vendors. Lead visual development of all consumer brand touchpoints for the world’s largest travel website, including design and optimization of international websites, mobile and tablet apps, social apps, and all consumer-facing marketing campaigns. Work with copy and usability teams to create the best possible user experience across all platforms.
Team: 12 designers
- Website design for 29 countries and 21 languages, with traffic of 60 million unique visitors per month
- Mobile web, smartphone and tablet apps (over 20 million app installs)
- UX and visual design for TripAdvisor social applications on Facebook
- CRM and email campaigns
- Online & offline brand campaigns
- Video production for YouTube marketing
- Support Sales & Sponsorships
- Brand development, documentation and enforcement
Art Director, Molecular
Watertown, MA | April 2003 – October 2006
Digital design consultant, creating intuitive user experiences for B2B, e-commerce, and marketing web sites, as well as intranets, extranets, and portals.
- TJ Maxx
- Home Goods
- PC Connection
- Knights of Columbus
- Bank of America
- Morgan Stanley
Art Director, Lycos
Waltham, MA | October 2001 - March 2003
Create Java and Flash based online games, websites, and marketing material.
Team: 7 designers
- Lycos Kids Zone
Design Director, Razorfish
Boston, MA | August 1998 – March 2001
Developed new brands & identity packages for new and established companies. Created highly usable web sites and online applications.
Team: 30 designers
- Charles Schwab
- Fidelity Investments
- Legg Mason
- Astra Zeneca
- Boston University
- The Boston Red Sox
- Nomar Garciaparra
Rochester Institute of Technology
BFA, Illustration and Design
References available upon request.